Sunday, May 14, 2017

Bowls of a Different Sort

Chocolate bowls with Raspberry Fudge frozen yogurt, whipped cream nuts & berries
It's Mother's Day! My family typically come up here from the Portland area for lunch and just hanging out. Usually we sit on the deck but it a wet one out there today so we'll be staying warm and dry.
I decided to do something special for dessert: chocolate balloon bowls. I had them at Portland Pottery's Valentine's Day Date Night event, and just fell in love with the idea. So pretty! So clever!

Readers of this blog know I am not shy to try new things even when I don't know what I am doing, but this time I prepared reasonably well; I watched a few youtube videos, and asked the chef at PP  (Chef Manda! I just love her) for any tips she could pass along. Nevertheless, hilarity ensued. But then eventually success:


If you, like me, enjoy reading about other people's debacles - maybe you, like me, find it comforting to know that other people are fuck ups, just like you are, but they figure it out, and so will you - you should read this entry, my first efforts to make chocolate bowls. If you prefer to skip right to the lessons-learned bit, you should read the update, which is the got-it-figured-out part.

Mom & me. In real life we're less blurry
Lunch as great, dessert was great, now I am settling into a sugar-crash coma. Tomorrow I'll get back to making clay bowls.

2 comments:

Linda Starr said...

wow so delicious looking and love the chocolate bowls; I'll be checking out how to make them.

Lori Watts said...

I hope your attempt is less messy than mine! :D